The journalism class took a day off to take a trip to Downtown L.A… I know you might be thinking…downtown? Who hasn’t been there? Well, it was pretty cool going there and going with the Journalism students. Mr. Gertner paid for the bus (40) because the school is too poor to pay for a school bus, but I’m not complaining it was actually better than going in the school bus. I had never had this kind of experience before. We went to Los Angeles Times and to Los Angeles Central Library . On the way to the library we went through most of all the building in downtown. I had never walked through them, they are so nice, interesting and they all have a different shape. The area around there is so different than from los callejones. Is so clean and pretty. After that we were dying of hunger and we had to go eat. We went to eat at Grand Central Market. They had so many different types of foods. It was hard for the students to decided what they were getting. Everybody was looking for something different, I was looking for something I had never had at home. I ended up getting an enchilada de pollo, it look so good and I got a tostada de ceviche de pescado. My friend Daniela and I shared the food…just in case your thinking I’m a fat butt!! LOL After that we went to the Superior Court. We were able to see half of a court case that some students from our school had to performed. When we came out of there, I left home and some of the remaining students came back to school.
Connect with us
- CNMT day 1 of 1 to 1 ipads going well. 2 months ago
- RT @RooseveltCNMT: #ELD can satisfy a child's need for self-expression, a teacher's need for measurable impact and a school's need for i ... 6 months ago
- 1st issue of the new year coming out this Monday! 8 months ago
- Ms. Esmeralda Bermudez of the LA Times speaking to the Roughrider staff... http://t.co/8OGVj4Qn 9 months ago
- Student journalists figuring out what makes news news... http://t.co/lnEv171U 9 months ago